The level of cover required will depend on how much you are planning to spend on your wedding in total. Once you start to plan your wedding or civil partnership you should start with a budget in mind to cover all the key aspects such as venues, catering, photography, flowers, attire, cakes, entertainment, transport etc. Once you have an approximate budget in mind you will then be able to select a level of cover that meets your planned budget. For instance, if you are planning to spend around £20,000 in total on your wedding then you will need to get cover that will compensate you up to that level in the event of cancellation.
Wedinsure offers nine different levels of cover with Tier 1 starting from just £29 for up to £7,500 of protection. So the price you pay will depend upon what level of cover you select. You can find out more about our various cover levels and prices here. Wedding Insurance is single one-off payment, making it a very simple and cost-effective way to protect your wedding.
- Acts against medical advice.
- Suffers any medical condition for which they are awaiting results of tests or medical investigations.
- Suffers any medical condition for which they are on a hospital waiting list for treatment.
- Have a medical condition for which they have received a terminal prognosis.
- Suffer anxiety, stress or depression (unless admitted as a hospital in-patient).
- Commit or attempt to commit of injure themselves intentionally.
If you or a close relative upon whom the wedding depends has a pre-existing medical condition that does not fall into any one of the above conditions, then the policy covers it.
- Ensure you have a clear and written contract with all your suppliers.
- Keep receipts and copies of any communication with your suppliers.
- Consider paying by credit card whenever possible as this can also give you additional protection under the Consumer Credit Act.